The High Court ruling that thousands of people with pleural plaques are still entitled to compensation is a good judgement, with something for both sides, according to the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (Foil).
Pleural plaques is the scarring of the lining of the lungs caused by exposure to asbestos. Insurers contended that as it did not have any symptoms it did not impact on the lives of the people who developed them.
The judge in the case recognised that since a series of test cases in the mid
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018