The High Court ruling that thousands of people with pleural plaques are still entitled to compensation is a good judgement, with something for both sides, according to the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (Foil).
Pleural plaques is the scarring of the lining of the lungs caused by exposure to asbestos. Insurers contended that as it did not have any symptoms it did not impact on the lives of the people who developed them.
The judge in the case recognised that since a series of test cases in the mid 1
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Ardonagh posts £14.1m loss for Q1 2018
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies