The High Court ruling that thousands of people with pleural plaques are still entitled to compensation is a good judgement, with something for both sides, according to the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (Foil).
Pleural plaques is the scarring of the lining of the lungs caused by exposure to asbestos. Insurers contended that as it did not have any symptoms it did not impact on the lives of the people who developed them.
The judge in the case recognised that since a series of test cases in the mid 1
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Ecclesiastical launches three specialist heritage products
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Broker Expo 2017: The agenda