Subsidence claims are slightly up on average, but industry insiders do not expect a catastrophic year to match 2003.
In the summer there was a belief in the industry that the previous dry winter would result in a rash of subsidence claims, but a number of factors appear to have prevented this from happening.
Harry Rule, property claims manager at Allianz Cornhill, said the insurer's subsidence claims were 'well below' the levels of 2003. He explained: "The difference to 2003 is that while 2005
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties