Property owners who are turning to the rental market should ensure they are protected against potential hazards of letting properties, HomeLet has warned. The advice followed a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors survey that showed the number of properties for rent in the UK has jumped as people who cannot sell their homes decide to let them instead. In the second quarter of 2008, new instructions to let property increased at the fastest pace in the survey's history.
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Gauntlet opens southern hub
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford