In the old days, computers were the stuff of science fiction and even calculators seemed impossible to imagine - but in a frighteningly sIhort space of time computers, complete with email, internet and intranet, have become everyday items.
Plenty of brokers who are still working started their careers in the days before electronic calculators, when rating tables and tariffs were the order of the day. And even when computers were introduced, they were far from the real-time beasts used today.
- Vantage buys Fresh Insurance
- FSCS calls on brokers to help form response to Alpha failure
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022
- Unrated Danish insurer Gefion in €2m cash injection deal with shareholders
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox first insurer to sign up to ex-Aviva boss Fraser Edmond’s data sharing platform
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal