One of the great strengths of Lloyd’s of London is tradition. But this is also what’s holding it back.
Rising from the ashes of the Great Fire of 1666, the London Market has grown to dominate the global insurance landscape. Covering an ecosystem of hundreds of firms, employing tens of thousands of people, and servicing gross written premiums of over £60bn, Lloyd’s has consistently operated at the vanguard of commercial risk transfer solutions.
However, conditions have been challenging in rece
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa