One of the great strengths of Lloyd’s of London is tradition. But this is also what’s holding it back.
Rising from the ashes of the Great Fire of 1666, the London Market has grown to dominate the global insurance landscape. Covering an ecosystem of hundreds of firms, employing tens of thousands of people, and servicing gross written premiums of over £60bn, Lloyd’s has consistently operated at the vanguard of commercial risk transfer solutions.
However, conditions have been challenging in rece
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute