One of the great strengths of Lloyd’s of London is tradition. But this is also what’s holding it back.
Rising from the ashes of the Great Fire of 1666, the London Market has grown to dominate the global insurance landscape. Covering an ecosystem of hundreds of firms, employing tens of thousands of people, and servicing gross written premiums of over £60bn, Lloyd’s has consistently operated at the vanguard of commercial risk transfer solutions.
However, conditions have been challenging in rece
- Brokers face another FSCS hike and situation could yet get worse
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Marsh Networks partners with Ataraxia for succession planning
- Marsh accused of trying to squash Marshmallow name by InsurTech start up
- The Blog Spot: An alternative broker manifesto - my 2018 pettifogging petition
- Volante launches first MGA – Edison Motor
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services