Confirmation that the fixed penalty for driving without insurance will rise to £300 from £200 highlighted the challenge the industry faces in tackling the issue.
Currently, the average quoted premium for comprehensive cover for a driver aged 17-22 is £1,749, as calculated by the Shoparound summary of the AA British Insurance Premium Index.
In short, this is almost six times greater than the new level of fine which is set to come into force this month. It is therefore little wonder that the tempt
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData