Confirmation that the fixed penalty for driving without insurance will rise to £300 from £200 highlighted the challenge the industry faces in tackling the issue.
Currently, the average quoted premium for comprehensive cover for a driver aged 17-22 is £1,749, as calculated by the Shoparound summary of the AA British Insurance Premium Index.
In short, this is almost six times greater than the new level of fine which is set to come into force this month. It is therefore little wonder that the tempt
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices