The Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA) has stated that the ‘comprehensive option’ proposed by the government following the Vnuk ruling is “unworkable” in its response to the Department for Transport (DfT) technical consultation into motor insurance.
The UK Government called for input from those involved within the motor insurance industry following the 2014 ‘Vnuk judgement’, a European Court of Justice decision that broadened the scope of compulsory motor insurance.
The 2014 judgement found that
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam