The Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA) has stated that the ‘comprehensive option’ proposed by the government following the Vnuk ruling is “unworkable” in its response to the Department for Transport (DfT) technical consultation into motor insurance. The UK Government called for input from those involved within the motor insurance industry following the 2014 ‘Vnuk judgement’, a European Court of Justice decision that broadened the scope of compulsory motor insurance. The 2014 judgement found that
- Moneysupermarket.com fined £80,000 by Information Commissioner’s Office
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- FCA proposes to extend the senior management regime to more firms
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Marmalade launches new young driver policy
- InsurTech Futures: CDL set to launch chatbot solution