LV and Adrian Flux have partnered up to launch a scheme to provide cover for up to 2,700 volunteer riders who are members of the National Association of Blood Bikes (NABB), Insurance Age can reveal.
According to the insurer, blood bikes exist to provide a vital free service to the NHS by transporting urgent medical items out-of-hours, and last year the riders made 56,000 runs between hospitals.
LV detailed that the scheme, which is already live, will cover bikes up to the value of £20,000 and
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009