LV and Adrian Flux have partnered up to launch a scheme to provide cover for up to 2,700 volunteer riders who are members of the National Association of Blood Bikes (NABB), Insurance Age can reveal.
According to the insurer, blood bikes exist to provide a vital free service to the NHS by transporting urgent medical items out-of-hours, and last year the riders made 56,000 runs between hospitals.
LV detailed that the scheme, which is already live, will cover bikes up to the value of £20,000 and
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers