LV and Adrian Flux have partnered up to launch a scheme to provide cover for up to 2,700 volunteer riders who are members of the National Association of Blood Bikes (NABB), Insurance Age can reveal.
According to the insurer, blood bikes exist to provide a vital free service to the NHS by transporting urgent medical items out-of-hours, and last year the riders made 56,000 runs between hospitals.
LV detailed that the scheme, which is already live, will cover bikes up to the value of £20,000 and
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman