LV and Adrian Flux have partnered up to launch a scheme to provide cover for up to 2,700 volunteer riders who are members of the National Association of Blood Bikes (NABB), Insurance Age can reveal.
According to the insurer, blood bikes exist to provide a vital free service to the NHS by transporting urgent medical items out-of-hours, and last year the riders made 56,000 runs between hospitals.
LV detailed that the scheme, which is already live, will cover bikes up to the value of £20,000 and
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product