LV and Adrian Flux have partnered up to launch a scheme to provide cover for up to 2,700 volunteer riders who are members of the National Association of Blood Bikes (NABB), Insurance Age can reveal.
According to the insurer, blood bikes exist to provide a vital free service to the NHS by transporting urgent medical items out-of-hours, and last year the riders made 56,000 runs between hospitals.
LV detailed that the scheme, which is already live, will cover bikes up to the value of £20,000 and
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall