Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) has teamed up with InsurTech start-up Flock to develop digital insurance solutions for the drone market.
The insurer stated that the partnership’s first product, a mobile app enabling operators to buy pay-as-you-fly drone insurance, would be launched in the UK later this year.
According to a report by AGCS the number of drones, or unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), is set to triple by 2020.
The insurer noted that the increasing number of drones also b
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product