Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) has teamed up with InsurTech start-up Flock to develop digital insurance solutions for the drone market.
The insurer stated that the partnership’s first product, a mobile app enabling operators to buy pay-as-you-fly drone insurance, would be launched in the UK later this year.
According to a report by AGCS the number of drones, or unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), is set to triple by 2020.
The insurer noted that the increasing number of drones also b
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president