The amended discount rate hit Aviva UK's GI full year results for 2016 leading the combined operating ratio (COR) to deteriorate to 106.3% compared to 95.0% in 2015.
Aviva noted in the results that without the impact of Ogden changes the COR would have improved to 94.9%.
Net written premium in the UK grew by £341m to £4.3bn.
Colm Holmes, CEO, UK General Insurance, said: "Aviva UK & Ireland general insurance delivered a strong performance in 2016 with higher growth across the business.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues