With the news today that Allianz has published a combined operating ratio of 102.6% the insurer has ended a streak of 51 consecutive quarters of sub 100 profitability.
That represents almost 13 years - it would seem that this number is very much unlucky for the insurance group.
To show what an achievement this is, and put it in perspective here are some other record breaking runs, with a German flavour.21 Years
That was the age of Chanel - the world's oldest recorded Dachshund - when she passed
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups