With the news today that Allianz has published a combined operating ratio of 102.6% the insurer has ended a streak of 51 consecutive quarters of sub 100 profitability.
That represents almost 13 years - it would seem that this number is very much unlucky for the insurance group.
To show what an achievement this is, and put it in perspective here are some other record breaking runs, with a German flavour.21 Years
That was the age of Chanel - the world's oldest recorded Dachshund - when she passed
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal