With the news today that Allianz has published a combined operating ratio of 102.6% the insurer has ended a streak of 51 consecutive quarters of sub 100 profitability.
That represents almost 13 years - it would seem that this number is very much unlucky for the insurance group.
To show what an achievement this is, and put it in perspective here are some other record breaking runs, with a German flavour.21 Years
That was the age of Chanel - the world's oldest recorded Dachshund - when she passed
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff