Last night marked what I think was a first in my time in insurance journalism.
An industry figure was asked to appear on BBC's Question Time.
Although in the case of Eldon and Go Skippy founder Arron Banks, he was featured more for his role as a UKIP donor and good friend of Nigel Farage than his opinions on motor premiums and insurance premium tax.
So what did we learn about Bank's views on current affairs from the latest episode filmed in Solihull last night?
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product