It started with Direct Line. And then price-comparison websites. The demand for quick, accessible quotes meant consumers flocked to access insurance at the click of a button.
Brokers in general insurance felt the initial shock of disintermediation, which threatened to leave them alone with the niche customer.
Aftershocks continue. With the rise of mobile transactions, masses of connected data and InsurTech start-ups keen to poach customers from your incumbent insurance partners - general
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith