During the early years of mass internet use, the insurance sector was lauded as a pioneer.
Insurers were responding to the needs of newly educated consumers and riding the wave of increased demand and competition through the comparison website boom.
Fast-forward to today's wholly digitised landscape and we see a very different picture.
Way back in 2013, the Association of British Insurers identified digital technology as "the single global mega-trend", set to revolutionise the sector. Yet
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders