The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has welcomed the publication of the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs' (Defra) property and flood resilience plan.
The trade body stated that it had been part of one of the five task groups that produced input for the action plan, which aims to help property owners and small businesses to protect themselves against flooding.
According to Biba, its task group was responsible for "embedding resilience in small businesses" and was
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change