Event host Adam Hills mentioned Evans' work as corporate affairs minister promoting the UK insurance market internationally as he announced the winner at the ceremony held by sister title Post at the Royal Albert Hall.
Meanwhile Aviva scooped up four trophies including insurance personality of the year, which was won by the provider's global general insurance chair Maurice Tulloch.
In addition, Allianz won the investing in the profession award, while Axa Insurance was named commercial lines
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman