Event host Adam Hills mentioned Evans' work as corporate affairs minister promoting the UK insurance market internationally as he announced the winner at the ceremony held by sister title Post at the Royal Albert Hall.
Meanwhile Aviva scooped up four trophies including insurance personality of the year, which was won by the provider's global general insurance chair Maurice Tulloch.
In addition, Allianz won the investing in the profession award, while Axa Insurance was named commercial lines
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers