Event host Adam Hills mentioned Evans' work as corporate affairs minister promoting the UK insurance market internationally as he announced the winner at the ceremony held by sister title Post at the Royal Albert Hall.
Meanwhile Aviva scooped up four trophies including insurance personality of the year, which was won by the provider's global general insurance chair Maurice Tulloch.
In addition, Allianz won the investing in the profession award, while Axa Insurance was named commercial lines
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Biba reveals campaigning themes in 2019 manifesto