Arthur J. Gallagher has completed the sale of its UK broker network business, Compass, in what it described as a "mutually agreed management buyout for an undisclosed sum".
In April this year Gallagher confirmed that it was in talks with Compass about an MBO.
The consolidator said the deal sees the Compass business transfer into wholly independent ownership, having become part of Gallagher following the acquisition of the Giles Group in November 2013.
According to Gallagher, Compass has
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change