At an All Party Parliamentary Group for Insurance and Financial Services meeting on 15 March, Brendan McCafferty, CEO of Flood Re, repeated his point that brokers risk being disadvantaged as Flood Re launches on 4 April.
McCafferty noted that many insurers planned to make the proposition available through their direct channels first, which could lead to brokers who specialise in flood risk areas trailing behind.
At the meeting in the House of Commons Martin Bridges, technical manager at the B
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product