Former Labour cabinet minister David Blunkett told the UK Broker Summit 2016 that the nation needs to take risks to be successful and the insurance industry can make that happen. He addressed an audience of brokers at the Insurance Age event sponsored by Acturis, Ageas, Axa, Covea Insurance, Manchester Underwriting Management, NIG and Sompo Canopius. The former education and home secretary spoke about a range of political and economic issues affecting the United Kingdom and wider world including
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Higos makes 2016 loss but turnover grows
- Flood Re targets broker distribution
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- InsurTech Futures: Brokers urged not to sit on the side-lines
- Applied Systems reveals BHIB as second Epic user in UK