Elite Insurance has withdrawn from the English and Welsh solicitors' professional indemnity insurance market.
The company, which entered the market in 2012, confirmed that all existing policies will continue until expiry but that renewal terms will not be offered.
In particular the insurer listed reducing premium rates, increased propensity to fraud on solicitors' client accounts and the proposed increase in the small claims market affecting personal injury firms as being factors behind its
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal