Elite Insurance has withdrawn from the English and Welsh solicitors' professional indemnity insurance market.
The company, which entered the market in 2012, confirmed that all existing policies will continue until expiry but that renewal terms will not be offered.
In particular the insurer listed reducing premium rates, increased propensity to fraud on solicitors' client accounts and the proposed increase in the small claims market affecting personal injury firms as being factors behind its deci
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted