Brightside has appointed David Sweeney as managing director with responsibility for the group's Southampton and Torquay business and group insurer relationships.
Sweeney takes on the role in the beginning of February and will report to Mark Cliff, executive chairman of the broker.
He most recently worked at Sterling Insurance, where he left his post as director of general insurances in June last year.
Prior to joining Sterling he was director of retail as Hiscox and he has also held roles at
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing