BGL Group has confirmed it is considering listing on the London Stock Exchange.
Headquartered in Peterborough, BGL specialises in car, home, bike and van insurance as well as price comparison and legal services.
The firm owns Comparethemarket.com and in addition has trading subsidiaries Junction, Frontline, Minster Law and Fusion.
The company's latest financial results revealed a profit of £94m and revenue of £507m. It also reported that customer numbers had increased by 14% to 7.5m.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product