Brokers are under far more pressure now in the small end of the commercial market than they were at the start of the year due to a rapidly softening market.
This is according to Francois-Xavier Boisseau, managing director, Groupama Insurances, who commented: "There is a potentially bleak picture for the commercial SME business as I think that the base and the intensity are changing. The market is turning in the wrong direction - I have a gut feeling about this."
Mr Boisseau said he was surpris
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups