Brokers are under far more pressure now in the small end of the commercial market than they were at the start of the year due to a rapidly softening market.
This is according to Francois-Xavier Boisseau, managing director, Groupama Insurances, who commented: "There is a potentially bleak picture for the commercial SME business as I think that the base and the intensity are changing. The market is turning in the wrong direction - I have a gut feeling about this."
Mr Boisseau said he was surpris
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017