Axa UK has acquired online insurer Swiftcover. Peter Hubbard, chief executive at Axa, commented: "We are extremely pleased to have agreed terms for the purchase of Swiftcover, which further strengthens our distribution platform and gives us greater access to personal lines customers. We have underwritten a significant proportion of Swiftcover's business since its launch, and know the potential of this franchise." The company will continue to trade under the swiftcover.com brand.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints