Axa UK has acquired online insurer Swiftcover. Peter Hubbard, chief executive at Axa, commented: "We are extremely pleased to have agreed terms for the purchase of Swiftcover, which further strengthens our distribution platform and gives us greater access to personal lines customers. We have underwritten a significant proportion of Swiftcover's business since its launch, and know the potential of this franchise." The company will continue to trade under the swiftcover.com brand.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017