Saga Services, the Kent-based over-50s services provider, plans to start underwriting its own motor and caravan polices next year through a new Gibraltar-based insurer Saga Insurance Company.
Andrew Goodsell, managing director of Saga Services, said the company had applied for a licence from the Gibraltar authorities and had been given a preliminary agreement - although full confirmation was still a matter of weeks away.
The move will be a blow for Groupama Insurances, which currently underwri
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017