Aviva posted a global operating profit of #1.79bn last year, afterlower life profits but a small increase in profits from its generalbook.
The global profit compared to the 2001 figure of #1.98bn but group chiefexecutive Richard Harvey still described the results as "robust".
In the non-life market, the company's worldwide combined operating ratiowas 101.4%, compared to last year's figure of 104%. Its worldwide combinedoperating ratio on continuing operations was 101.7% (2001: 103%).
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April