Norwich Union (NU) has pulled out of the direct commercial insurance market after making the decision to sell its multi-million-pound book of business through brokers.
It has been reported that the insurer is currently in discussions with several regional intermediaries.
Phil Bayles, NU director of trading, said: "We want to send the strong message that we support brokers as our sole route to market for commercial lines. Our commitment, both emotionally and financially, is aligned to support comme
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017