Two of the largest UK insurers have announced plans to streamline their business, which has resulted in a number of job losses.
Norwich Union Insurance (NUI) revealed it would be cutting up to 1,800 operational jobs across the UK as part of its latest two-year restructuring programme. The move will see its customer services, sales, claims and administration consolidated into seven centres in Norwich, Perth, Bishopbriggs, Stretford, Manchester, Leicester and Southend.
NUI also confirmed its
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018