Insurer Royal & Sun Alliance (RSA) will close eight of its regionalbranches in the next six months as part of its ongoing drive to improveefficiency and cut its cost base.
The closure of the commercial business offices in Aberdeen, Dundee,Edinburgh, Inverness, Leicester, Newcastle, Plymouth and Southampton willresult in the lost of around 100 jobs, although the company said themajority of staff will be offered new roles within the insurancegroup.
The news came less than a month after RSA said
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product