The Competition Commission (CC) has provisionally cleared the acquisition by Hampden Agencies of the members' agency business of CBS Private Capital (CBSPC).
Insurance Age reported in September that Lloyd's two largest member-agency services had merged in April, sparking a referral from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to the CC over concerns that it would create an imbalance in the London insurance market.
However, the CC concluded that the acquisition is not expected to result in a substanti
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal