The Competition Commission (CC) has provisionally cleared the acquisition by Hampden Agencies of the members' agency business of CBS Private Capital (CBSPC).
Insurance Age reported in September that Lloyd's two largest member-agency services had merged in April, sparking a referral from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to the CC over concerns that it would create an imbalance in the London insurance market.
However, the CC concluded that the acquisition is not expected to result in a substanti
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO