The Competition Commission (CC) has provisionally cleared the acquisition by Hampden Agencies of the members' agency business of CBS Private Capital (CBSPC).
Insurance Age reported in September that Lloyd's two largest member-agency services had merged in April, sparking a referral from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to the CC over concerns that it would create an imbalance in the London insurance market.
However, the CC concluded that the acquisition is not expected to result in a
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018