Patrick Snowball, group executive director, Norwich Union has expressed surprise at how many brokers have applied to become Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulated in January 2005.
Mr Snowball, who has always believed that the impending regulation of general insurance sales was unnecessary "as there is no systemic problem", said he was surprised at the number of brokers that had "stepped up to the plate".
He commented: "If you had asked me 18 months ago how many brokers I would have expec
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five