Direct Line is urging the Government to fully regulate insurance soldby travel agents and tour operators.
The insurer said that, with thousands of holidaymakers currently bookingtheir trips for 2003 and arranging their insurance at the same time, theonly option to ensure full protection for consumers was to include theregulation of all travel cover products within the Financial ServicesAuthority (FSA)'s remit.
Direct Line was responding to the Government's first consultation paper onFSA regula
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand