New independent research commissioned by the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has revealed that millions of small to medium-sized enterprises across the UK are failing to protect themselves and their employees in the event of emergencies such as fires, floods or acts of terrorism. Biba's research suggests that 80% of businesses affected by a major incident would close down within 18 months, and 90% of those that lose their data would be forced to close down within two years.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Meet the Leeds Expo panellists: Simon Mabb
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m