No broker was fully regulatory compliant when Axa performed health checks at 22 of them, a senior figure at the insurer has revealed.
This was what emerged at a 'breakout' discussion on the effects on brokers of Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulation at the Chartered Insurance Institute conference.
Mark Cliff, Axa's distribution director, made the revelation as he stressed the importance of brokers working together with insurers to improve compliance.
He commented: "It is important that
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018