The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has published its budget for the next financial year for consultation, together with its corporate plan for the next three years. The budget showed the continued impact of mortgage endowment complaints on the FOS. Following a five year period during which the number of complaints to the ombudsman increased more than fourfold and the service more than tripled in size. The average cost of resolving a dispute is estimated at £472 for 2006/07.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack