The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has published its budget for the next financial year for consultation, together with its corporate plan for the next three years. The budget showed the continued impact of mortgage endowment complaints on the FOS. Following a five year period during which the number of complaints to the ombudsman increased more than fourfold and the service more than tripled in size. The average cost of resolving a dispute is estimated at £472 for 2006/07.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups