Personal lines brokers are set for a comeback thanks to aggregators, despite much being written about their demise over the past 10 years, according to research.
Research company Defaqto said although some brokers see aggregators as the enemy, other savvy firms could ensure a significant amount of car insurance business by using the comparison sites.
In October 2007, Defaqto identified that brokers with online capabilities to provide car insurance quotations were starting to appear on aggregator
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018