Oval has bought the majority of the corporate insurance business of Sheafmoor Brokers in Sheffield. The eleventh acquisition for the company gives Oval a £10m gross written premium base. The new Sheffield office will be led by John Proudfoot, a former director of Sheafmoor, which was set up in 1966. Mr Proudfoot said: "Oval believes in the personal service that local brokers offer so well. We are Sheffield people dealing with Sheffield and South Yorkshire clients."
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product