Oval has bought the majority of the corporate insurance business of Sheafmoor Brokers in Sheffield. The eleventh acquisition for the company gives Oval a £10m gross written premium base. The new Sheffield office will be led by John Proudfoot, a former director of Sheafmoor, which was set up in 1966. Mr Proudfoot said: "Oval believes in the personal service that local brokers offer so well. We are Sheffield people dealing with Sheffield and South Yorkshire clients."
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints