Mike Urmston has been appointed to the board of Fortis Life UK while Julian Hance has been appointed to the board of general insurer Fortis Insurance Limited (Fil).
Mr Urmston has nearly 40 years of financial and commercial experience in the life insurance sector, having served on the senior team of General Accident Life, now under the Aviva banner.
Mr Urmston comments: "In these interesting and challenging times for the market, it will be those providers that are truly focused on their customer
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018