The announcement has followed Paul Boyle's decision to stand down in January.
Mr Haddrill, who is currently director general of the Association of British Insurers, will assume his new responsibilities at the FRC in mid-November.
Announcing the appointment, Sir Christopher Hogg, chair of the FRC, said: "It gives me great pleasure to announce that Stephen Haddrill will be Paul Boyle's successor as chief executive of the FRC. Stephen has demonstrated his commitment to promoting high standards of cor
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April