The announcement has followed Paul Boyle's decision to stand down in January.
Mr Haddrill, who is currently director general of the Association of British Insurers, will assume his new responsibilities at the FRC in mid-November.
Announcing the appointment, Sir Christopher Hogg, chair of the FRC, said: "It gives me great pleasure to announce that Stephen Haddrill will be Paul Boyle's successor as chief executive of the FRC. Stephen has demonstrated his commitment to promoting high standards of cor
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017