Mr Desaulle has been the managing director of Hiscox France since 2000.
A statement from the insurer said that by focusing on art and private client and professional insurances, Mr Desaulle had achieved a gross written premium growth rate of 20% during his tenure, making Hiscox France the largest and most profitable operation for Hiscox in Europe. Based in Paris, Mr Desaulle will report to chief executive, Bronek Masojada.
The European country heads in Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal,
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future