Mr Desaulle has been the managing director of Hiscox France since 2000.
A statement from the insurer said that by focusing on art and private client and professional insurances, Mr Desaulle had achieved a gross written premium growth rate of 20% during his tenure, making Hiscox France the largest and most profitable operation for Hiscox in Europe. Based in Paris, Mr Desaulle will report to chief executive, Bronek Masojada.
The European country heads in Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal,
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018