The undisclosed value deal further strengthens Equity's presence in Staffordshire, adding the commercial specialist to its existing branches in Burton on Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Rugeley and Stone.
Established in 1982, R.F. Hobson was managed by co-directors Andrew Tempest, Alan Williams and Patrick Ford. Williams and all existing employees will remain with the business, whilst Tempest and Ford will administer its life assurance accounts.
Mike Hutton, Equity's acquisition director said:
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly