The undisclosed value deal further strengthens Equity's presence in Staffordshire, adding the commercial specialist to its existing branches in Burton on Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Rugeley and Stone.
Established in 1982, R.F. Hobson was managed by co-directors Andrew Tempest, Alan Williams and Patrick Ford. Williams and all existing employees will remain with the business, whilst Tempest and Ford will administer its life assurance accounts.
Mike Hutton, Equity's acquisition director said:
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017