In an interview with Insurance Age's sister publication Professional Broking this month, Igal Mayer, chief executive of NU general insurance, said he was confident that there will be no more job cuts this year following a "gut-wrenching period".
However, last week Norwich Union Life confirmed that 1100 roles will be made redundant in the UK by the end of 2009 and a further 590 contract positions will leave "over the next few months".
In an article that appeared in the Eastern Daily Press at the
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019