The appointment comes following the recent departure of former MD, Allister Hill, who steered the company through its acquisition from the Nash family by Groupama UK last December and has left the company to pursue other opportunities.
Mr Newman was previously responsible for around 100 staff with a remit that included all marketing as well as e-business, channel planning, product development, management and pricing across the three Co-operative brands.
Pierre Lefèvre, chairman at Carole Nas
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups