The appointment comes following the recent departure of former MD, Allister Hill, who steered the company through its acquisition from the Nash family by Groupama UK last December and has left the company to pursue other opportunities.
Mr Newman was previously responsible for around 100 staff with a remit that included all marketing as well as e-business, channel planning, product development, management and pricing across the three Co-operative brands.
Pierre Lefèvre, chairman at Carole Nas
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack