Mr Matras will join Groupama from Axa where he was finance director for Axa Insurance UK and Axa PPP. The appointment is expected to take effect from 1 April 2008 and is subject to FSA approval.
Until 1999 Mr Matras was a financial analyst for Axa’s Group Corporate Finance team in Paris before a move to the UK as head of actuarial at Axa Insurance UK. He was appointed as head of personal lines underwriting in 2002 before becoming finance director in 2005.
Commenting on the appointment,
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019