Mr Matras will join Groupama from Axa where he was finance director for Axa Insurance UK and Axa PPP. The appointment is expected to take effect from 1 April 2008 and is subject to FSA approval.
Until 1999 Mr Matras was a financial analyst for Axa’s Group Corporate Finance team in Paris before a move to the UK as head of actuarial at Axa Insurance UK. He was appointed as head of personal lines underwriting in 2002 before becoming finance director in 2005.
Commenting on the appointment, Franç
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel