A statement from the insurer said that Fortis was now an international insurance group, operating in the UK, Belgium, Europe and Asia, and was no longer involved in banking.
In 2008 the group reported an insurance top line of over EUR 14bn, serving over 20 million customers and employing in excess of 10,000 people. The insurer said the UK was an important part of the international business.
As a result of the decisions made by the shareholders, Standard & Poor's has revised its credit watch on
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018