A statement from the insurer said that Fortis was now an international insurance group, operating in the UK, Belgium, Europe and Asia, and was no longer involved in banking.
In 2008 the group reported an insurance top line of over EUR 14bn, serving over 20 million customers and employing in excess of 10,000 people. The insurer said the UK was an important part of the international business.
As a result of the decisions made by the shareholders, Standard & Poor's has revised its credit watch on For
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five