Senior industry sources indicate that the deal would see QBE purchase Equity Redstar, the Lloyd's underwriting business, with Equity Insurance Brokers, the high street broking chain, being snapped up by Swinton.
It appears the proposed management buyout by Neil Utley is now dead in the water and his share of the group will be bought out. However, it has been suggested he will go back to the group to buy Hastings and Advantage, a Gibraltar-based underwriting operation.
It is understood that staff a
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five