The market has seen a further increase in new managing general agents (MGA) opening for business lately and insurance experts have argued that they bring opportunities for brokers.
Jason Anthony, who recently launched MGAM, said ease of route to market was one of the reasons behind the ongoing surge.
“Twenty years ago people like me would probably have been thinking about setting up a syndicate in Lloyd’s, but the barriers to entry now are quite prohibitive,” he noted, adding that an MGA, much l
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal