The market has seen a further increase in new managing general agents (MGA) opening for business lately and insurance experts have argued that they bring opportunities for brokers.
Jason Anthony, who recently launched MGAM, said ease of route to market was one of the reasons behind the ongoing surge.
“Twenty years ago people like me would probably have been thinking about setting up a syndicate in Lloyd’s, but the barriers to entry now are quite prohibitive,” he noted, adding that an MGA, much
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal