Underinsurance remains a problem across the industry and experts have urged brokers and insurers to work together to tackle it.
According to specialists, underinsurance happens for a number of different reasons, including clients having the wrong policy or the wrong sum insured because their insurance needs are not reviewed often enough.
“It’s all about brokers being client centric,” said Ben Bailey, managing director at Perth-headquartered Clark Thomson Insurance Brokers.
“Insurance is broadly
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers
- Saga picks Patrick O’Sullivan as chairman
- PIB launches risk management business
- Lloyd’s and Kanye West settle £7.4m suit - reports