The news that Insurance Australia Group (IAG) is to undertake a strategic review of its UK business has led to much speculation that a sale of part, or all, of the insurer’s UK operations could soon be on the cards.
The pieces of the business that could potentially be put on the market include motor insurer Equity Red Star and brokers Barnett & Barnett and NBJ UK. Earlier in May in a separate development, Equity sold its 51% stake in Insurance Dialogue, a specialist broker for the over 50’s mark
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April