What are the main talking points in the Glasgow market at the moment?
Lorraine: Acquisitions and consolidation.
Jim: Historically, consolidation in Scotland has taken place behind the scenes. It's only in the past couple of years that it has really kicked off - it seems to be catching up with the rest of the UK. The issue now is the amount of money that is available, as the war chests they have are huge.
Ken: That is driven by insurers rather than consolidators. The likes of Axa, in addition to the
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin