What are the main talking points in the Glasgow market at the moment?
Lorraine: Acquisitions and consolidation.
Jim: Historically, consolidation in Scotland has taken place behind the scenes. It's only in the past couple of years that it has really kicked off - it seems to be catching up with the rest of the UK. The issue now is the amount of money that is available, as the war chests they have are huge.
Ken: That is driven by insurers rather than consolidators. The likes of Axa, in addition to the
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board